To support our sangha’s health, we would like to offer some recommendations for community health practices in light of the novel spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Please wash your hands with soap and water for 20 second when you arrive at BZC, and when you leave. We are providing paper towels for hand drying
- Use the hand sanitizer and tissues in the entryway
- Please refrain from using kitchen towels to dry dishes. You may wash cups and dishes and leave them on the rack to air dry
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a disposable tissue (or your inner elbow, as a secondary measure)
- Please stay home if you’re not feeling well or if you develop symptoms, especially fever, cough, and shortness of breath—and stay home until you are fully recovered
Our Shikaryo heads have disinfected surfaces in our center, and we will continue this practice on a regular basis throughout this critical time. Tissues and hand sanitizer are available. You are welcome to bring your preferred hand sanitizer for personal use.
We are closely monitoring the situation in New York City on a daily basis and we will follow any guidelines from the Mayor’s office on public gatherings, should they occur. Meanwhile, until further notice, and with the exception of our three day retreat which was postponed, we will follow our posted schedule. We will communicate any changes to our schedule via email to the sangha and on our website.
Thank you for your care and cooperation in keeping our community safe and healthy.