What Does Membership Support?
Membership is a way of giving more regularly, and is the foundation upon which Brooklyn Zen Center can support ongoing programs, practice space, and teachers. All Brooklyn Zen Center operations are dependent on the generosity of our community, and membership is our most sustainable source of revenue, reflecting a vital and engaged community base.
We greatly appreciate your membership as a form of generosity. Brooklyn Zen Center’s operations are supported by the generosity of our volunteers with a very limited staff. We would appreciate members giving us at least one week of notice before cancellation requests can be processed.
Benefits of Membership
We offer the following benefits to members:
- Participate in a 3-month Beginner’s Mind Experience including a peer practice group and more
- Member rates for retreats, workshops, events and classes (after 3 months)
- Borrowing privileges in our library
- Opportunities to take on practice roles within the community
- Regular updates on Brooklyn Zen Center’s finances as well as all board decisions
- The knowledge that you are supporting a quiet, powerful force for compassion and peace in the world
Please note that all membership contributions are tax deductible.
If you have any questions, or if you are currently a member and wish to increase your membership level, please email email@example.com.