What Does Membership Support?
Membership is a way of giving more regularly, and is the foundation upon which Brooklyn Zen Center can support ongoing programs, practice space, and teachers. All Brooklyn Zen Center operations are dependent on the generosity of our community, and membership is our most sustainable source of revenue, reflecting a vital and engaged community base. In order to sustain our growing community and meet our financial needs, Brooklyn Zen Center aims to triple membership revenue by the end of 2018.
Benefits of Membership
We offer the following benefits to members:
- Participate in a 3-month Beginner’s Mind Experience including a peer practice group and more
- Member rates for retreats, workshops, events and classes (after 3 months)
- Borrowing privileges in our library
- Opportunities to take on practice roles within the community, and to meet with a teacher for practice discussion
- Regular updates on Brooklyn Zen Center’s finances as well as all board decisions
- The knowledge that you are supporting a quiet, powerful force for compassion and peace in the world