- To request a refund for a class, you must notify BZC in writing by the start of the first class.
- To request a refund for programs of one day, you must notify BZC in writing at least 48 hours before the beginning of the program.
- To request a refund for three-day and five-day retreats, you must notify BZC in writing at least 72 hours before the beginning of the retreat.
- To request a refund for weeklong retreats or longer retreats, you must notify BZC in writing at least 14 days before the beginning of the retreat.
Otherwise, we cannot offer refunds, except in emergency situations. This policy supports the organizing effort involved in managing registrations and cancellations and the largely volunteer-based structure of the Brooklyn Zen Center.
- BZC offers partial scholarships for retreats and classes.
- BZC offers partial scholarships on a first come, first serve basis.
- Scholarships are restricted as follows:
- for non-members/non-volunteers, we offer 5 days of scholarship per year
- for members/active volunteers, we offer 8 days of scholarship per year
- A minimum of $35/day per day for retreats is required.
- Scholarships applications are generally due 13 days before a 1-day sit, and 18 days before longer sits. On certain occasions, scholarship applications may be due farther in advance – please check the specific retreat you would like to register for more information.
Scholarships for retreats are offered on a sliding scale basis to allow participants to pay according to individual means. By considering and giving at the highest amount you currently have means for, your generosity directly supports our capacity to meet the growing number of requests we receive.
While we cannot directly meet the needs of all BZC scholarship applicants, please know that each application will receive a response and we will do our best to support you in deepening your dharma practice.
As an ongoing encouragement to practice, no one is turned away from any offerings in our online weekly meditation schedule for lack of funds. Join as you are! Your online presence and practice at BZC is a deeply appreciated form of giving practice (generosity).
If you are not currently supporting BZC with a membership pledge, we invite you to make a contribution to support continuity of our shared practice. Thank you for being a part of our practice community!
A scholarship application form is available here.