To request a refund for any event except a class, you must notify BZC in writing at least one week before the beginning of the course or event. In the case of a class, you must notify BZC by the start of the first class. Refunds are issued for any and all cancellations up to seven days (except for classes) before an event less a $10 processing fee. Refunds are issued for class cancellations until the beginning of the first class. Less than seven days before a non-class event, we do not offer refunds. In all cases there are no refunds for events with registration fees under $50.
- Due to limited resources, BZC offers partial scholarships for retreats only (not for classes or other offerings).
- BZC offers partial scholarships on a first come, first serve basis.
- Scholarships are restricted as follows:
- for non-members/non-volunteers, we offer 5 days of scholarship per year
- for members/active volunteers, we offer 8 days of scholarship per year
- A minimum of $15/day per day for retreats is required.
- Scholarships applications are generally due 13 days before a 1-day sit, and 18 days before longer sits. On certain occasions, scholarship applications may be due farther in advance – please check the specific retreat you would like to register for more information.
Scholarships for retreats are offered on a sliding scale basis to allow participants to pay according to individual means. By considering and giving at the highest amount you currently have means for, your generosity directly supports our capacity to meet the growing number of requests we receive.
While we cannot directly meet the needs of all BZC scholarship applicants, please know that each application will receive a response and we will do our best to support you in deepening your dharma practice.
As an ongoing encouragement to practice, no one is turned away from any offerings in our weekly meditation schedule for lack of funds. Come as you are! Your presence and practice at BZC is a deeply appreciated form of giving practice (generosity).
If you are not currently supporting BZC with a membership pledge, we invite you to make a dana contribution in the Temple Box (suggested $10 per visit) to support continuity of our shared practice space. Thank you for being a part of our practice community!
A scholarship application form is available here.
Please note that Brooklyn Zen Center is not a residential community.